Friday, February 24, 2012

{Tutorial} Bejeweled Flower Hair Accessories


Who doesn't love girly hair accessories.  I used to buy them just for my girls but now I love wearing them too.  I thought it would be fun to see if I could try and make some myself.  So, the search began for an easy tutorial and I came across an amazing blog full of great diy projects called go make me.  Cate's Bejeweled Flowered Headband tutorial immediately caught my eye and I knew that I wanted to share the tutorial with you. 


It only takes a few scraps of fabric, glitzy buttons, glue, needle, thread and you've got the current look for a fraction of the price.  The possibilities are endless!


Here's how
1} Gather some fabric scraps, preferably ones that don't fray (although I like it fraying too), felt, buttons and a headband. Cut six 60 mm (2.5") circles from fabric and two 30 mm (1.25") circles from felt
2} Fold each circle in half, then fold sides in on itself
3, 4 & 5} Adhere to one felt circle with fabric glue or hot glue gun. Repeat with other cut circles, overlapping each 'petal' as you continue around filling the entire felt circle
4} With needle and thread, sew on button(s)
7} Glue another felt circle over stitches
8} Glue to headband

Before you know it, you'll be making these jewel encrusted fabric flowers in minutes!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover